Family Visa Immigration
You need a family visa to live with a family member in the UK for more than 6 months.
Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
- Canadian citizen or
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- permanent resident of Canada
You can apply for a family visa to live with your:
- spouse or partner
- fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
- relative who’ll provide long-term care for you
Services and information
Sponsor your spouse, partner or child: about the process
- If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.
- If you do, you must be able to:
- support them financially
make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
Sponsor your parents and grandparents: About the process
- If you submitted the interest to sponsor form in 2020 and were invited to apply to the 2021 intake, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada.
- If you’re invited to apply, there are 2 applications that are submitted and reviewed for the parents and grandparents program:
- the sponsorship application and
the permanent residence application