SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA (SUBCLASS 189)
Australian Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) was brought into being to cater to the skill shortages of Australia. 189 Visa It is a Permanent Visa and falls under the Australian Immigration points-based system. Applicants must furnish that they possess the qualification or the skills of an occupation in the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Applicants do not need sponsorship from family or the Australian State/ Territory Government nomination. Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) 189 Visa, applicants are required to obtain a minimum of 65 points on a point assessment.
Skilled Independent Visa Requirements
In order to qualify for a Skilled Visa, the applicant (or their partner) must be able to satisfy the basic visa requirements related to Age, English language ability, Specific Work Experience, Skills, Qualification, Health and Character. Based on these credentials, the applicant has to score a minimum of 65 Points in order to qualify.
Features of this Program:
- This 189 Visa Category permits the applicant an indefinite stay in Australia.
- Permanent residents under the Australian Skilled Immigration Program have full access to health care benefits and certain social security payments.
- Permanent residents under this 189 Visa Category can apply for citizenship of Australia after staying there for 4 years.
- Once landed in Australia, the applicant can sponsor their family for permanent residency in Australia.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with the Australian Migration Law.
Eligibility for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program:
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled sponsored visa and must meet the 65 points to file for a visa.
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 – 49 years.
- English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competence or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. He/ she should also meet the English Language threshold of minimum 6 bands of IELTS in all the components.
- Nominated occupations: The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) that matches with his/her skills, qualifications and work experience.
- Skill Assessment: It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the visa application is lodged.
Benefits of 189 visa.
1.The 189 visa Australia allows you to immigrate to Australia along with your family
2.You can live and work anywhere in Australia with this visa
3.The visa for Australia subclass 189 Visa has one of the fastest processing times for immigration to Australia
4.The visa allows you to stay indefinitely in Australia and enjoy full working rights and work in any occupation once you arrive in Australia. Which is to say, you are not restricted to working in the same occupation as the one that you applied for the visa
5.You can pursue your studies in Australia, while living on this visa
6.You are entitled to social security payments and Medicare if you are living in Australia on this visa
7.You are entitled to apply for permanent residence for your family members and even apply for citizenship for yourself and your family.
Features of 189 visa
1. The visa is intended for skilled independent workers and their families to permanently move to Australia. In this regard family includes and is limited to the following members
b.Yours or your partner’s dependent child
c.Yours or your partner’s dependent relative
2. The visa subclass 189 is granted on a points based system, with points assigned for various factors such as your age, work experience, education and English language ability. The points are assigned for the following criteria.
a.Age – not less than 45 years
b.English language skills – you will need to submit scores of IELTS or equivalent examination
d.Overall work experience including work experience in Australia,