BRITISH COLUMBIA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
British Columbia is a popular province of Canada which attracts immigrants from across the world. Successful applicants will receive a British Columbia Provincial Nomination Program Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa application process.
Under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you can apply under:
- Skills Immigration (including Express Entry)
- Business Immigration
BC PNP: Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS)
SIRS is a dynamic application management system which enables the province to select candidates for getting an ITA. Under SIRS, the following factors are considered while awarding points:
|Scoring Sections||Maximum Points|
|Economic||Skill Level of the B.C. Job Offer||60|
|Factors||Wage of the B.C. Job Offer||50|
|(120)||Regional District of Employment||10|
|Human Capital||Directly Related Work Experience||25|
|Factors||Highest Level of Education||25|
|Total Points Available||200|
British Columbia Express Entry Stream
A new Express Entry stream has been added under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program. Under this stream, 1350 skilled applicants will be nominated for permanent residency in 2015. This system has been introduced to cut down on the application processing time and eligible applicants can get priority processing of their applications for both PNP and permanent.
The prospective applicants need to meet the minimum provincial eligibility criteria for one of the below-mentioned categories under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program:
- International Post Graduates
- International Graduates
- Skilled Professionals
To enter the Express Entry pool, the applicants need to meet eligibility needs for one of the following federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
The applicants must meet the compulsory language proficiency level and demonstrate sufficient funds while applying under the federal economic immigration programs. Educational Credential Assessment results also need to be submitted to fulfill eligibility requirements.
British Columbia PNP Strategic Occupations Stream
To qualify you must have a job offer from an employer in British Columbia that cannot be filled by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and be either:
- A skilled worker : Applications in the Skilled Worker category must have a job offer in an eligible occupation in levels 0, A, and B of Canada’s National Occupational Classification Matrix (NOC);
- A health care professional, specifically physicians, registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses, and midwives; or
- An international graduate of a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
- A semi-skilled worker in select Tourism/Hospitality occupations, Long-Haul Trucking occupations, and Food Processing occupations.
The British Columbia has launched a new Pilot Project for International Post- Graduate students
Students who enroll in a Post Graduate Degree Program ( Masters or Doctorate ) in the following field of natural, applied or health sciences would be able to apply for Permanent Residency after the completion of the studies. Programs in the following fields of studies are eligible for the program :
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering Technology
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research
- Physical Sciences