QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM
The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec.
Quebec Skilled Workers applicants are not assessed based upon the selection factors of the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledges the selection of applicants who meet Quebec immigration selection criteria.
Applicants who are successful under the Quebec Immigration selection system are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate, at which point they may apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.
To qualify for a Quebec Skilled Worker Program Quebec Selection Certificate, Skilled Worker applicants must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system below. A single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the criteria below. An applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score at least 57 points.
|The Quebec Immigration selection factors may be summarized as follows:|
|Education||Up to 14 points|
|Area of Training||Up to 16 points|
|Validated Employment Offer||Up to 10 points|
|Work Experience||Up to 8 points|
|Age||Up to 16 points|
|Language Proficiency||Up to 22 points|
|Stay and Family in Quebec||Up to 8 points|
|Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics||Up to 17 points|
|Children||Up to 8 points|
|Financial Self-Sufficiency||1 point|
Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 63 points.
quebec experience class
You can obtain Permanent Residency of Quebec in case you have studied or worked in the province and you meet the below mentioned criteria.
You need to obtain Quebec Skilled Worker Program Quebec Selection Certificate in order to apply for Quebec immigration under QEC. Once you get the certificate, you need to clear the medical and security examination as per the norms laid down by the federal immigration authorities for you to be able to get Canadian Permanent Residency Visa.
Foreign students can apply under QEC if they:
- Have obtained a degree or diploma from an educational institution recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Education;
- Have studied in Quebec for at least 1,800 hours (two years);
- Show that have successfully completed an intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution, if their studies were not completed in French.
Temporary Foreign Workers in Quebec can apply QEC if they:
- Have 12 months of Quebec work experience in a skilled, managerial or professional occupation in the 24 months prior to their application
- Are employed and show legal status in Quebec at the time of their application;
- Show that have successfully completed an intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution, or provide results of a standardized French proficiency test. Alternatively, they can show that they have satisfied the French language requirements of the professional order governing their occupation in Quebec for Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
All applications from individuals who have obtained a CSQ are processed in their own priority queue at the federal level.