This provisional Visa is granted for a period of 4 years for individuals who cannot meet the Skilled Independent Visa pass mark. This visa provides a pathway to a permanent visa in Australia.
The basic requirement of this visa is to get sponsorship either from a sponsoring State or Territory regional area or eligible relative living in a designated area. Applicants should also meet the points test by scoring 60 including the points from the relative/ state sponsorship. This visa is designed by the Australian Government to address skill shortages in designated areas of Australia.
The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa 489 Visa Australia, through the state is a provisional Visa only and applicants under this category must live for 2 years and work for at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia which is a mandatory condition to further apply for a Permanent Residency.
Whats is the Benefits of the Skilled Regional Sponsored 489 visa Sub Class 489 Visa:
- Applicants are allowed to live, work and study in a relative sponsored designated area /state sponsored regional area of Australia for a period of 4 years.
- Provides a pathway to a permanent visa in Australia
- Applicants are allowed to apply for a permanent visa after the applicant has lived for 2 years in a designated area/regional areas of Australia.
- The applicant can score 10 points if sponsored by State/ Territory Government or 10 points if sponsored by an eligible relative currently living in a designated area.
- Applicants can take their immediate family members, provided they meet the requirements of health, character and English language.
- Allows the dependents to study and work in designated areas of Australia, 489 Visa Australia.
what is the Eligibility of Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (Subclass 489):
Under this visa, you can either be assigned by a state or region government or be supported by a qualified relative.
To have the option to present a substantial application for this visa you have to initially present an Expression of Interest through Skill Select. You can do this in or outside Australia.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the Skilled Regional State or Relative Sponsored Visa and must secure 60 points to file the Visa.
Age: 18 – 49 years.
English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competence or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is submitted. The applicant should also meet the English Language threshold. If the applicant needs 10 or 20 points under Proficient English he/ she should score 7 or more bands in IELTS.
Nominated occupations: The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) if he/ she wishes to live in the designated area, the applicant should apply for relative sponsored Visa.
Skill Assessment: It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is filed.
Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient maintenance funds to obtain sponsorship from state territory if applying for state /territory nominated regional visa.
Health & character requirements: The applicant has to meet all the health and character requirements.
How to Get Legal Permanent Residence Under 489 Visa?
Following 2 years of living – and a year of working – in a Regional or low Population Growth Area on this visa holders can apply for the Skilled Regional Subclass 887 visa, which awards them legitimate changeless home in Australia.
Kindly note that solitary those living and working in the zones noted on the Australia Regional or Low Population development Areas table beneath are qualified to apply for legitimate lasting living arrangement on the Skilled Regional Subclass 887 visa.
Extended Stay Pathway
A candidate can also apply for the 489 visa subclass 489 if he holds a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475.
What Will The visa 489 subclass 489 Visa Australia Let You Do
The 489 Visa Australia subclass 489 allows you and your family to:
- stay in Australia for up to four years.
- live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia.
- travel in and out of Australia while the visa subclass 489 is valid.
The 489 visa subclass 489 provides a pathway to permanent residence through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
If you are invited to apply for 489 visas Australia (in the Invited Pathway), you will have 60 days to do so. Invitations are based on claims you made in your expression of interest, so your application must be consistent with the information you provided in your expression of interest and it must be supported by evidence.
How to Apply for the Skilled – Nominated (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489)?
To have the option to hold up a substantial application for this visa you have to acquire a positive abilities appraisal, before then presenting an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You can do this in or outside Australia.
In the event that you secure sponsorship from a qualified relative and meet the essential necessities for this visa, you will at that point get an Invitation To Apply.
To apply for this visa you must:
- be invited to apply;
- be younger than 45 years of age when you are invited to apply;
- nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) OR the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL);
- have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation;
- have at least competent English;
- score at least 65 on the Points Test; AND
- meet the health and character requirements.
Australian State Sponsored Visa Application Process
The Skilled – Nominated Visa (Provisional) (subclass 489) is based on a three stage application process:
The principal phase of the application procedure includes finishing an abilities evaluation with the pertinent Government body. Your abilities evaluation empowers the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) to pass judgment in the event that you have the necessary degree of aptitude in your picked occupation to rehearse in Australia.
When you have gotten a positive aptitudes appraisal, you should present an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You can do this in or outside Australia. You will at that point likewise need to apply for state sponsorship with an Australian state/region. This will necessitate that you meet the sponsorship prerequisites and have work involvement in a position recorded on one of their State Migration Plans.
When you have been given an Invitation To Apply (ITA), you can proceed to the DOHA phase of the application, where you can present your last, total application to be affirmed by DOHA so your visa can be conceded.
Applications are by greeting as it were. To be welcome to apply, you should:
- have involvement in a selected occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List, AND;
- have an aptitudes appraisal with the important surveying expert for that occupation
- submit an Expression of Interest
- be more seasoned than 18 and under 50 years old when the greeting is given
- meet general Skilled Migration basic requirements, including English language, wellbeing, and character checks
- be ready to score at any rate 60 on the focuses test.
Can i Take My Family Member with me in this Visa ?
Yes….You can include the following family members in your visa application:
- your partner
- your or your partner’s dependent child
- your or your partner’s dependent relative.
What is the benefits for spouse under this visa Category?
This visa enables you and your dependants to:
- temporarily live and work in an assigned provincial zone in Australia
- study in a predetermined provincial zone of Australia
- travel all through Australia while the visa is substantial
- apply for perpetual home through the Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after specific conditions have been met.
Sponsored by an eligible family member
You should live and work in an assigned zone. In the event that you intend to look for perpetual living arrangement, you should demonstrate that you have invested the predetermined energy in an assigned zone.
In the event that you don’t follow the states of your visa:
- your visa, and those of any going with relatives, might be dropped
- you won’t have the option to apply for another temporary Skilled Regional Sponsored visa
- you may not meet the prerequisites to apply for lasting living arrangement.
A sponsor must be at least 18 years of age who resides in Australia as one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an Eligible New Zealand citizen.
- a child – including a stepchild, or
- a parent – including a step parent, or
- a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-sibling, or
- a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew, or
- an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle, or
- a grandparent or first cousin.
Your sponsor must be a resident in a designated area of Australia at the time of the sponsorship.
What is the 489 visa Processing time?
|Stream||75 per cent of applications processed||90 per cent of applications processed|
|State/Territory Nominated visa||9 months||12 months|
|Skilled Regional||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|